Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014 Recap!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I went all in this year.  I had the time and I finally had the motivation to be one of "those" moms.  The moms I see on Facebook and Twitter.  The moms who make every little holiday a huge, over-the-top celebration.  The moms who I kinda hate, but secretly want to be like. OK, I really admire them.  How do they do it?!

I made three trips to Target and two to Michael's to get all the things I wanted.  I made special gluten-free, heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes and heart shaped bacon.  I got up at the crack of dawn and decorated with heart shaped placemats, red charger plates, personalized chalk boards and fake rose petals.  I wanted this day of love to be a day to remember.

My husband kept the kids upstairs until breakfast time and everything looked great!  I even had their vitamins and juice all prepped and ready to go.  Their eyes gleamed and they squealed in delight at the small treasures I had also bought for the day.  They opened their cards and enjoyed a fun breakfast before going to school for Valentine's Day parties.

They came in and ate in less than thirty minutes.  Days of preparation, hours of cooking and prepping and a really early morning of putting it all together for just about thirty minutes of enjoyment. *sigh*  It went by really fast.  As soon as they were done, I was stripping down the table and putting everything away wondering if all that work had been really "worth" it?

On the plus side, I loved spoiling them all.  I loved showing them in my own way what special Valentine's they all are to me.  To see them enjoying this all was a great reward to me.  Loving them is always "worth it".

On the other side...WAAAAY too much work.  I completely outdid myself.  Honestly, I don't know if I could do that every year.  Is this going to be something they expect for every holiday?  With my work, their school and outside classes, this was a TALL order to handle.  What if I disappointed them by not having a big celebration?

While I cannot guarantee that next years Valentine's Day will look anything like this years, I know my kids loved their morning.  They now have a special memory that they will keep with them forever.  That made every effort TOTALLY worth it!!

Next year, Valentine's Day is on a Saturday.  I told my hubby and kids that I get to sleep in and they can spoil me!

Here are some shots from V-Day 2014:

Table setting for breakfast

Love is in the air

Uniquely hers!



No comments:

Post a Comment