Thursday, May 8, 2014

Product Review: Northern Chef Gluten Free Shrimp & Cod

My daughter's favorite food in the world is shrimp.  She loves it grilled, sauteed and she loved it breaded.  I have been able to make our own breaded shrimp, but I have missed the ease of a pre-breaded shrimp over the last year.

Imagine my happy surprise when I found these bags of Lightly Breaded Shrimp and Lightly Breaded Cod with the words "gluten free" on them?????  I found them in my local Stater Bros. and I couldn't believe it.  

Oven ready and totally gluten free

After taking the bags home and preheating my oven, I poured the amount I wanted for my kids on a lined baking sheet that had foil on it.  The shrimp were impressively large and were "lightly breaded".  I very much dislike heavy breading that masks the taste of the shrimp, so bravo for the description matching the actual food.  The cod was also just lightly coated and came in 2" chunks or larger.  

Once cooked, these little babies were ready for lunch.  My daughter loved the shrimp.  I tried a few pieces and was impressed.  Juicy shrimp with a crispy light coating and it even comes with its own cocktail sauce.  

The fish was delicious, or at least I think it was.  My son inhaled it so quickly I only got a small morsel.  When I asked him about, he said he liked it but next time, could I make more?

These bags of frozen seafood are absolutely perfect for keeping in the freezer for those nights you come home late and need a quick, hot meal.  This can easily be paired with a salad, some roasted veges and some rice and you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment