Friday, January 24, 2014

Easy Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

A mountain of chocolate chip cookies for my cookie monster

I appreciate the there are many substitutes for gluten free four on the market.  Many are high quality and very good, but they are expensive and sometimes hard to find.  Today I was in the mood to whip up some soft, chewy and chocolatey cookies but realized I was out of GF flour.  Thankfully I remembered someone told me about the recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies that exists on the back of my Trader Joe's bag of gluten free oatmeal.

The recipe is simple and is made with actual pantry staple ingredients.  My biggest surprise was just how many cookies it made!  I made over 50 good size cookies with one recipe!  That is enough for any large family to appreciate!  This recipe will easily cut in half, so feel free to do that if you don't want to confess to eating all 50 cookies.

The cookies are chewy and moist.  If you are like me and want to have some chocolate in every bite, be sure to use the mini chocolate chips.  If you prefer the big chunk
s of chocolate, go for 6oz of regular chips.

Unless you have a nut allergy, I am pretty sure you will love these.  You don't have to be gluten free to enjoy this yummy recipe.  My son is not gluten free and he loves them.  Enjoy!

Trader Joe's  Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 cups Trader Joe's Rolled Oats
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 6oz mini chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • Optional:  1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts


  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
  2. In large bowl, use hand or stand mixer to mix sugar, brown sugar and butter and beat until crumbly and well combined.  
  3. Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda and beat until mixture looks creamy.
  4. Add peanut butter and combine well.
  5. Use hand tool to stir in oats and chocolate chips (add nuts too if desired).  
  6. Place packed teaspoon of dough on lightly greased pan about 2 inches apart and press them slightly flat with the back of the spoon.
  7. Bake 10-12mins
Lightly press the batter with back of spoon

Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 mins





No comments:

Post a Comment