Thursday, February 6, 2014

Review: Angie's Valentine Kettle Corn

Fun to look at and fun to eat!

As a mom to a child with Celiac, I always want to be ahead of the curve for food when it comes to school parties.  Knowing Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I went over to my local Target for inspiration.

Among the class size bags of over-sugary and overly artificial snacks, I found a new unique product called Angie's Popcorn in some delicious sounding flavors.  I found their Sweetly Vanilla Cupcake Kettle Corn and Smoochy Tutti Frutti Kettle Corn.  What kid-at-heart wouldn't want to try those?

I was completely sold on trying them once I saw that it was not only gluten-free, but has no high fructose corn syrup and is non-GMO verified.  The ingredients are simple and all natural consisting mainly of the popcorn, sunflower oil, sea salt and evaporated cane crystals.  They are also kosher and dairy/nut free too.  This is perfect for our class party since we have so many children with different allergies.

There are 16 individual bags for easy sharing in class.  My daughter has a large class, so we picked up two of each flavor and dug in to taste them! (quality control you see).


The kids couldn't wait until we got home and they were already opening their Vanilla Cupcake bag in the care on the ride home.  My car never smelled so sweet.  The first comment I heard was a muffled, "Oh my gosh! These are so good!"  I got a piece away from one of them and yes, it was delicious.  Delicately sweet, not overpowering in its vanilla flavor and highly addictive.


The Tutti Frutti are reminiscent of a salty version of a classic bowl of cereal that a certain toucan loved to eat.  I was not expecting to like this one, and I have to admit it is my favorite!  

The only downside to these snacks is their limited availability.  It is only available this season only.  I hope Angie's Popcorn and Target team up again to carry a regular supply of these kid-allergy friendly snacks year round in kid-friendly flavors.  These snacks are a perfect addition to any kid's Valentine's Day class party and we are going back tomorrow to stock up for school lunches!


No comments:

Post a Comment