Friday, January 17, 2014

Product Review: Get the Junk Out Of Your Chocolate with UNREAL

Since going gluten free, I have had to keep a special eye on my sweet tooth.  I am a bonafide chocoholic and I have to be very careful of hidden gluten in some of my former favorite chocolate treats.

Pick from your candy favorites!
While walking through Target the other day, I notice the new candy from UNREAL.  This line of candy is something that I can really get behind.  This company and a team of chefs, "unjunked" all of our favorite candy.  What did they leave out?  Corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, artificial ingredients and less sugar.  What they left in was all of the pure ingredients that you can read and understand.  Why did they leave out the junk?  Junk makes candy cheaper and longer lasting, but not better tasting.  Trust me, you will never miss it.

I loved the packaging.  I prefer a couple of bites of chocolate to a full size candy bar.  The bag I picked up had 8 mini bars of "Loaded" candy.  It was loaded with chocolate, peanuts, caramel and nougat.  The dairy is from grass-fed cows, the other ingredients have no GMO's and is all gluten free.



I grabbed the bag and brought it with me to school pickup.  The kids were thrilled to see candy for an after-school snack.  Knowing that this candy had less sugar, less calories and 4x's as much fiber made me feel pretty good.

The candy is very tasty.  Dare I say, an improvement in the taste department?  The kids loved them and are hoping that I pick up some other UNREAL candy flavors soon.  I have to say, I am truly impressed with the product.  Put it on your shopping list now, you will thank me later!

The UNREAL candy is selling on Amazon, but is much cheaper if you can find it at your local Target.


No comments:

Post a Comment