Thursday, November 29, 2012

Why I Love Thanksgiving Point

Nestled close to the I-15 in Lehi, Utah, is a wonderful place named Thanksgiving Point.  This was one of the very first places we visited when we came to Utah to visit my brother and his family.  It has a children's farm, a Museum of Ancient Life, beautiful stores to shop in and world class gardens to roam through.

I took the kids back to Museum of Ancient Life this week.  They simply love this place.  Utah is known for being prolific in the discovery of fossils.  Their collection is amazing. The museum manages to combine serious science and facts with interactive displays just for kids.  We spent well over an hour wandering through the exhibits.  I sincerely appreciate how much of the museum is hands on for the kids.

I could easily say this was my favorite place at Thanksgiving Point.  I could...but it's not.  Just a few steps away is the Thanksgiving Point Deli.  This deli is known for making everything there from scratch.  Everything there is always fantastic.  They have wonderful salads, soups, desserts and sandwiches.  Oh...the sandwiches!

The Italian Sandwich at Thanksgiving Point Deli
I am originally from Philadelphia  and consider myself a serious critic of sandwiches.  The Italian sandwich from the deli is among the top 3 I have ever had.  It is considered a MUST visit every time I come to visit my family.  The bread is obviously fresh and has just enough chewiness not overwhelm the bite.  The meats are plentiful and authentic.  The deli adds just the right amount of pepponcini to add to the tanginess that complements the salty meats. The only bad thing I can say about this sandwich, is that it is no where near where I live.

We are going home again in a few days...I wonder if I have time to go back for just one more!

No comments:

Post a Comment