Friday, November 2, 2012

Best Birthday Ever! (at least, that is what I was told)


My own Prince
If there is one thing I know...my son loves a good swashbuckling.  I mean, what is not to love?  Fast paced horse riding, intense competition skills, excellent one-to-one fighting and of course, a beautiful Princess!  Did I mention food too?  Because it would be impossible to forget all the food you get fill 'yer belly with.

We took our kids and a best buddy to Medieval Times in Buena Park for my son's 11th birthday.  Parties are grand, but this was an event.  I absolutely love doing family events for special days rather than parties.  Aside from the obvious upside of not having to prep and clean for a bunch of kids, the event is usually something we quite enjoy as adults too.

Medieval Times is a fantastic show/dinner experience that you have to see to believe.  As you are seated, you are assigned into one of six colored sections that determine which knight you will be rooting for.  We were lucky enough to get a very handsome Red/Yellow Knight.  The knights have a tournament and there is a evil guest in waiting, trying to ruin the King's event.  Our knight ROCKED!  He even threw my girls a carnation, as a token of affection.

So happy to get a pink carnation!
Back to the food...you will genuinely love the no utensils thing, I promise.  Tomato soup, chicken, ribs, garlic bread and dessert are all included.  We had to take home several boxes of food, since the kids get the same amount of food as the grown-ups!  While not 4-star cuisine, we really enjoyed the food and were very pleased with the quality.
Getting some grub!

Now, back to the action!  Our knight bravely fought off several other knights and was then challenged by the the bad guy!  But never fear!  Good will always win over evil at Medieval Times.  To top off an extremely well-enjoyed show...our victorious knight was then able to present ONE lady in the audience with the "Queen of Love & Beauty" sash.  I couldn't believe he chose my oldest girl!  Well, she was the loudest one in our section!  She was presented with a tiara from the Princess as well.  WOW!  Talk about making a girl's night!  Heck, it even made her whole week.

My "Queen of Love & Beauty"
Hmmm...like it, but don't think I can make this an "everyday" look

No comments:

Post a Comment