Friday, December 20, 2013

Shhhhhh...be very quiet

No, I'm not hunting rabbits!  Today my schedule was undone by an expected sickie here at home.  My 7 year old complained about stomach pain and then...well, you can imagine the rest.

As with most kids, she does not like Momma to be far away when she doesn't feel good.  So her and I currently ensconced in my bed watching hours of Christmas shows, Disney and cartoons.  It is always hard to see your child sick.  It is even harder around the holidays when they are on break from school and supposed to be having fun.  This last Thanksgiving break, she was down with a sinus infection.  It does seem to be a pretty bad year for illnesses for us.  I have read that having Celiac gives you an aggressive immune response and not less of one.  I personally believe that her gut is still healing, and while it is, it will be more susceptible to the germs and viruses that pass along her system.

I have tried to slip away from her, but I'm pretty convinced she has bat ears.  Every time I try to leave the bed or room while she is napping, she perts right up to ask me to stay.  This means no cookie baking, no errands, no last minute shopping I had planned today.  My plans are shelved and I am happy to do so.  Well, that isn't completely honest.  I did want to get something done today, so I told her I would wrap some presents in the hallway while she was resting.  That lasted about twenty mins, until I heard her barreling out of bed and was threatened with a vomit shower from behind.  (she missed).

If she had to be sick, I am always grateful when God lets it happen when I home to be with her.  Nothing makes my day at work go slower than when I know one of my kids is home sick.

Well...I have to stop typing.  The typing is keeping her up...shhhhh.

So cute when she is feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment