Sunday, June 30, 2013

Creamy and (low calorie) Homemade Dressings!

Mason jars are easiest for mixing and storing dressings

I love to lose weight, but I hate to diet.  I love to eat salads, but I find them so bland without a really creamy ranch or creamy Italian dressing with it.

I want to share the two best "low-cal" dressings I've found that are really easy, quick and my entire family loves.

Just three ingredients!

Real Ranch Dressing


  • 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt, plain
  • 1 packet of Ranch dressing (this is the dried seasoning packet)
  • 1/2 cup of 1% milk
Simply add all of the ingredients into a mason jar.  Get your arms work-out in by shaking vigorously for about a minute.  This tastes best after at least 30mins in the fridge.  



Creamy Italian Dressing (courtesy of Weight Watchers)

A little more effort, but so worth it

  • 1/2 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise
  • 6 Tbl. 1% or 2% reduced fat milk
  • 1/4 water (I leave this out to thicken it up a little more)
  • 4 tsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp sale
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
Add everything into the mason jar and get another great arms work-out.  You can easily double this recipe (without water) to fit into the mason jar.  Be sure to let the flavors come together in the fridge for at least 30mins before serving!


The Italian is on the left and can easily double



No comments:

Post a Comment